THE (DIS)FUNCTIONING OF OUR ANIMAL PROTECTION LAWS
SPIRIT OF THE LAW
We intend to protect animals from harm by according legislation. This “spirit” is the essence of this intention; it should be the frame of reference for every resulting law, regulation, enforcement and court case.
LETTER OF THE LAW
These intentions are transformed into actual laws and regulations. If the resulting legislation is perverted by protection of economical, religious or cultural (human) interests, the spirit of the law is violated.
ENFORCEMENT OF THE LAW
Any law is useless if it is not enforced, i.e. if no action is taken against violation, if violation is condoned or if law enforcement officers and authorities take part in the violation.
RESULTING INJUSTICE FROM INCONSISTENT
* How can instruments, designed, produced, sold and used for the sole purpose of torture and irreversible physical and lethal damage be legal?
* How can the same sadistic acts be applauded inside an arena and result in arrest for extreme animal cruelty or compulsory admittance to a mental hospital outside a theatre?
Tickle your mind with the following text reflecting the battleground of destroyers, protectors, passive bystanders, their claimed rights and denied duties, failing to protect the ever defenseless animals.
* HUMAN RIGHTS versus ANIMAL RIGHTS
* HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST = HERO versus ANIMAL (RIGHTS) ACTIVIST = TERRORIST
* ANIMAL SUFFERING = HUMAN SUFFERING
* HUMAN PASSIVENESS versus ANIMAL ACTIVISM
* RIGHTS = PASSIVE versus DUTIES = ACTIVE
* ANIMAL DUTY = HUMAN RIGHT ?
* ANIMAL RIGHT = HUMAN DUTY !
When justice is compromised
justice turns into a social problem
~ Marius Donker
SPEECH PHILIP WOLLEN Australian Philanthropist
Peace is not just the absence of war.
It is the presence of Justice.